KidSport: Enabling WA children to participate in community sport and recreation
KidSport enables eligible Western Australian children aged 5-18 years to participate in community sport and recreation by offering them financial assistance towards club fees.
KidSport applications are now available online if you hold a valid Health Care or Pensioner Concession card. Hard copy applications are still available and can be submitted to your Local Government.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card OR meet one of the four KidSport Financial Exceptions.
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to.
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other club-related costs, such as equipment and uniform as identified by the club and approved by the local government).
- Maximum of up to $200 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid.
- No limitation to the number of applications per family as long as the eligibility criteria for each child is met.
Changes to KidSport
1. Applicants listed on a valid Health Care or Pensioner Concession card should now:
- Apply online on the Department's website or
- Submit a KidSport application form and a copy of the card to their local government.
2. KidSport no longer has referral agents.
- Applicants not listed on a valid concession card need to meet one of the new KidSport Financial Exceptions.
- If you meet an exception you can apply for KidSport through a KidSport Financial Assessor.