The West Australian Football Commission (WAFC) is the peak Australian Rules Football body in Western Australia and is the caretaker of football throughout the State. It is responsible for the overall development of the game across the community.
The WAFC is a not for profit organisation that plays an important role in funding the on-going development of football in all communities. This ensures that football is the best resourced sporting code in the State and can have the most active role in building better communities through various development programs.
We now have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our team as Development Officer in our Metro North team growing our great game in the Claremont District on a twelve (12) month fixed term contract. The position is located primarily in Claremont and will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of broad-based participation programs fundamental to the strategic and operational objectives of the WAFC and the Claremont District.
Applicants should be prepared to be actively involved in all participation activities and develop exciting new initiatives in order to grow football within the district.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Football and Game Development, including Player, Coach, Umpire, Club and Volunteer Education.
- Promoting the District and associated stakeholders.
- Advocate all game segments including Female, Aboriginal and Multicultural
- Working closely with volunteer leaders, community football & school stakeholders, and WAFL club leaders.
- Assisting with Football events including the planning, organizing and oversight of initiatives to best represent the WAFC and District throughout the community.
Essential selection criteria include:
- Alignment to our values of – Team | Respect | Passion | Professionalism | Leadership
- Sports Related Degree or Certificate IV Sport Development or related position experience.
- Ability to lead and interact confidently with groups of participants, volunteers and stakeholders.
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills including speaking to groups and audiences.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong Computer literacy, including MS Office, email, Social Medial and Website comprehension.
- Able to work outside normal business hours including evenings and weekends.
- Current WA Drivers License.
- WWC Card
Desirable selection criteria include:
- Level 1, 2 or 3 AFL Coaching Accreditation.
- Level 1 Umpiring Accreditation.
- Knowledge of the WA Football structure including the District Football Development Model and JCC.
- Knowledge of the Claremont District, including factors that may influence the Football environments within it.
- Knowledge of sporting environments at club, school, district or state level.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive remuneration package including a fully maintained vehicle and phone, as well as the opportunity to work in Australia’s premier sporting industry.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting position, please submit an application letter (maximum two pages) addressing your ability to address the key responsibilities and selection criteria above, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 March 2017.
Click here for a detailed position description.
For more information about this unique opportunity please contact Warren Nel (General Manager Community Football) on email email@example.com